Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Compassion For The Djinns (Pt. 1)

   In The Name of Allah,

The Most Compassionate, The Most Merciful:


The world of the unseen is very much a part of a Muslim’s reality. We often neglect the unseen because we are very involved in our day to day lives.

I took this year to reflect on my Islamic Knowledge, particularly my curiosity for the unseen and the hidden gems and truths. Eventually, my love for the Quran and Hadith gave way to my soul journey. This journey, naturally made me dive deep into all of God's Creation. I had to find out everything I could about the one topic I loved; Demonic Possession. Demonic Possession to me was something I had been scarred by in childhood, due to the horror stories I heard about while growing up in Pakistan.

So I decided to overcome my fear of Demonic Possession by thinking like a Psychologist and figuring out what I was really afraid of. In my field study of the Djinns, I have found several reasons why they do not function in the same realm as Insaans.  In my field research, I saw Djinns trying to emulate a person and giving them a case of mistaken identity. At first, it seemed real. Like I was making love to a person. It turned out to be a Djinn. 


The Djinns created a lot of controversy. The Djinns were looking for their creator, just like everyone else. But this was the first time in my life, where I saw the world of the unseen and the seen mix together. The Quran specifies details about Humans and DJinns. However, no human can ever come close to interpreting why God made them from different substances, and why he never chose to let the two mix in the Seen World. The Unseen World is a whole different story. There was a lot to learn about the Djinns, and the unseen world was always beckoning at my front doorstep. I chose to conduct a thorough  Case Study to give my readers further knowledge about The World of The Djinns, and how we can come to build compassion for them. Last but not least, this case study is from an Islamic Perspective, meaning it is verifiable in the Name of Allah, The Most Merciful, The Most Beneficent.



Surah Imran is a heavy, and controversial Surah of the Quran; covering the concept of Djinns. This is a Noble creation of God, made from fire. The Djinns are stronger than Humans. They are able to rest on any part of our body, whether it be the side of our thigh or the left of our clavicle bone. All in all, God created Djinns and Humans separately; they are not meant to intermingle unless without the decree of God. There are a lot of YouTube videos that discuss Black Magic and Shirk in Pakistan. People sell their souls to cast spells and love potions on each other. Men sit by idly on the streets, jumping at the chance to read The Holy Quran Backwards. There is also a great sense of pride that is taken by purchasers of these Love Potions. In reality, it is usually a male calling upon Demonic Forces and missing Djinns to get something that is not willed by God. This form of sorcery is known as Black Magic. Unfortunately, it can easily become an addiction. It can become one of our biggest vices. Addictions serve no purpose in Islam. Even with all the modern advances in self-help and psychology, there is little to no help for people who are addicted to trying to bind up their power with Djinns. This is the saddest truth. We cannot control the Djinns. But, in an effort to do so, we can end up becoming controlled by them.


God shows more Rehmah upon The Djinns than People. For good muslims, and even for the ones who are perhaps not the regular 5 Times A Day Prayers, you regularly see Djinns walking up and asking for Friendship with them. It is usually broken and lonely people, who have lost or misplaced their anchor to God; these are the people who are most heavily involved with The Djinns. At other times, Djinns can become Narcissistic Supply for Abusive Individuals, giving them a feeling of Superiority, feeding their insecurities all at the same time leaving them powerless and hopeless.


What can we do for such individuals?

You can only Pray and Do Ruqaya for them.

Apart from that, there's not much you can do for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 SureFire Ways To Beat Depression

Here's something you might want to look into before heading into Winter Wonderland. I used to think I had Depression. The Worst K...