Monday, October 28, 2019

5 SureFire Ways To Beat Depression


Here's something you might want to look into before heading into Winter Wonderland.

I used to think I had Depression.
The Worst Kind.
The Depression that makes you want to lie in Fetal Position and cry for an hour, while almost being tempted by the idea to suck your own thumb.
The kind that makes you cancel plans, at the very last minute, and pray you don't lose your last two friends.
The kind that makes your crash mid-day and wakes you up in the middle of the night.
The kind that feels like an ache deep inside your sad bones.
The kind that makes you feel like you're floating on a raft in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
The kind that makes you kinda just wanna die.


That's the Depression I am talking about. Or at least I thought I did.
It turned out I didn't have depression. I just happened to be allergic to people.
Meaning I discovered I ranked high on Introversion in terms of my personality. Even though I grew up in a metropolitan, surrounded by people, I peaked my performance when I was alone.
My main talents are writing and editing. I was attached to the library by the hip since age 2. However, since I grew up in a culture and family that always favoured togetherness, to the point of never valuing an Independent Identity, my unmet needs resulted in a Depression that haunted me through most of my early 20s. When I finally realized my depression was caused by filling the role of a loud, nurturing extrovert to please the world, I also reached the conclusion that I did not have to be a slave to my depression.

The only way to stop being a Slave to Depression is to Stop Being a Slave to Society, Your Parents, Siblings, Extended Family, Spouses and the world at large.


Depression is rampant in the West. It is medically defined as "A Rite of Passage for people who grew up on the promises of Technology Solving All Their Problems and Parents Who Were Too Caught Up In Their Baby Boomer Hedonism To Pay Attention".
Depression is as collective as it is personal to each individual. Depression still remains largely a stigma in a society full of Superman and Superwomen Syndrome Individuals. By the time individuals get around to accepting it as an issue, it has usually wrecked tons of damage on their immune system, interpersonal relations and work prospects.

This doesn't have to be you!!!

I urge you to download and read the Infographic made by yours truly, regarding some practical ways you can overcome your Depression. I can't wait to hear about your wellness journey and the ways you are cultivating yourself as a priority, in your work and personal lives.




No comments:

Post a Comment

5 SureFire Ways To Beat Depression

Here's something you might want to look into before heading into Winter Wonderland. I used to think I had Depression. The Worst K...